Tuesday, April 13, 2021

I am a Bengal lion

 

I am a Bengal lion. I was born in the jungles of India. I roamed wild in the forest along with others of my species. I was as free as a bird. I killed lambs and goats and feasted upon them. I was the master of all I knew. I feared nobody. All the other animals of the jungle were afraid of me. Even elephants took to their heels on seeing me. I was proud of my prowess.

One day, a hunter armed with a gun came to the forest. He fired random shots and struck terror into the heart of one and all. My parents advised me not to leave my den, but I turned a deaf ear to their advice. I slipped out of my hiding place and began to roam about quite freely and fearlessly.

I came upon a young fat lamb tied in a small hut. My mouth watered at the sight. I sprang upon it and began to eat it up. Suddenly the door closed in upon me. I was caught in the hunter’s trap. I was allowed to starve. I became lean and thin. I was reduced to a skeleton. I lost all my strength and fierceness. I was as meek as a lamb.