Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Written Expression 6: A Picnic At The Beach

 A Day At The Beach (by Liu Yutong, MO1)

            It was a sunny Saturday morning. My family decided to go to Pasir Ris Park for a picnic on the beach.

When we arrived, the place was very crowded. We found the perfect shady spot under a coconut tree for having a picnic. We laid the delicious food that Mother had prepared for us on a table near a barbecue pit. My mother had prepared lots of sandwiches, fried chicken wings, fish balls and fruit punch for us.

            After eating some food, we decided to play a ball game. Then we went swimming in the sea. We swam happily for some time. We really enjoyed ourselves very much.

            Soon, it was getting dark. We watched the sunset. It was indeed beautiful. Then we packed up and got ready to go home. We were exhausted but happy. It was an amazing day for us at the beach. I hope to go to the beach for a picnic again soon.

 

At the Beach (by Felicity Lu, MO1)

One sunny and breezy Sunday morning, my family and I went to East Coast Beach to have a picnic. When my family and I reached there, we had to walk on the sandy beach. It was crowded.

First, we had to find a shady spot under a coconut tree. Then we took out our delicious food and placed them on a table near a barbecue pit. My family and I ate pasta for lunch.

After eating, we made sandcastles on the beach. After we were bored making sandcastles, we played a ball game. After playing a ball game, we swam happily in the sea.

Soon, it was sunset and it was getting dark. So we packed up our beach toys, food and water bottles. We were exhausted but happy when we set off for home. We hope to go to the beach again for a picnic.